Get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
© Old Bassett Residents’ Association 2014 -
Very important news for all Bassett residents -
The Bassett Neighbourhood Development Plan has been formally published and is now open for Public Consultation and Comment.
Working in conjunction with the local community, including residents’ associations, local businesses and interest groups, the Bassett Neighbourhood Forum has coordinated the development of a Neighbourhood Plan for the Ward of Bassett up to 2029.
The Plan enables residents to both define and realise their aspirations for the local community; maintaining the distinctive, spacious and urban character of the area whilst taking into account the needs for ongoing development. If adopted by a forthcoming local referendum, the Plan will carry the weight of law in planning matters.
The plan comprises both overall Bassett-
Key points of the Plan include:
Bassett is the first Council Ward in the country to get to this stage.
The Plan is now subject to a statutory 6 week public consultation which runs from August 28th through to noon on October 9th 2014. The consultation will enable the Forum to gather feedback on the Plan prior to the referendum.
Your thoughts and comments are very important, please do take part in the consultation in order that any concerns can be responded to and addressed if appropriate.
A leaflet and feedback form will be distributed to households in the Ward in September. The leaflet distribution company is unable to deliver to flats, so if you don’t receive one, please do contact us.
OBRA organised a well attended public meeting at All Saints Church Hall, Winchester Road on Thursday 18th September, where Cllr. Les Harris presented the plan and answered questions. A summary will be posted ASAP.
If you could not make the OBRA meeting, North East Bassett RA have organised another at 7:30 pm on Monday 22nd September in Bassett Green Village Hall.
The Plan, consultation details, consultation response form and information for individual areas can be downloaded from either the Council’s www site or through the links on the right.
Documents and Downloads
Appendices: containing details of individual areas and major stakeholder comments (doc or pdf format)
1. North West Bassett Residents Association
2. Ridgemount Area Residents Association
3. Holly Hill Neighbourhood Association
4. North East Bassett Residents Association
5. Old Bassett Residents Association
6. East Bassett Residents Association
7. Tower Gardens Residents Association
8. Bassett Triangle Residents Association
9. Underwood and Redhill Residents Association
10. Vermont Close Residents Association
11. Area A Golf Course and Sports Centre
12. Area B Bassett Crescent West area
13. Area C Hollybrook Area
14. Area D Lordswood Area
15. Area E Pine Close Area
16. Area F Bassett School Area
17. Identified development potential in Bassett Ward
18. Comment from Cantell School
19. Comments from University of Southampton
20. Comments Willis / Fleming Estates
All published documents as a single zip archive (12.3 MB)